Although Arts-Kids, a youth-improvement nonprofit founded by the late Pat Drewry Sanger, is presently dormant, former Government Director Ted Hallisey has been busy.
“Cowboy Ted,” as he is regarded, carries on to host in-man or woman and virtual packages by means of his Cowboy Ted’s Basis for Little ones organization that support suicide prevention amongst young children ages 3 to 8 by aiding them make anti-bullying and resiliency abilities.
Impressed by the number 8, which refers to the 8-2nd rides in rodeos, Hallisey recently firmed up his programming. The systems, which are available with endless obtain by means of cowboyted101.com, a subscriber web site, include:
- Additional than 20 healthful tips for kids in audio and video clip formats
- Additional than 30 “Cowboy Ted” art and recreation exercise lesson designs
- Extra than 20 classroom conditioning films, known as 3-moment “Brain Breaks”
- Weekly Cowboy Ted 101 videos
- Much more than 12 on line guides that are presented in both equally English and Spanish
- Month-to-month “Find Your Happy Place” animated features
- Extra than educational kids’ fitness films that clock in at 30-minutes each individual
- Regular monthly “Barnyard Buddies” animated options for kids
“These lesson programs ended up produced by myself and other facilitators for the Arts-Young children program,” claimed Hallisey, who has a Learn of Instruction diploma in overall health, physical education and learning and recreation. He has hosted university assemblies and other applications and resources for over 275,000 kids throughout the United States. “We co-copyrighted everything and set them into an simple-to-observe structure that parents and educators can have entry to. And we credit history the lesson plans’ creators by names and 12 months they designed them.”
Every single of these plans will help educate 8 actions to health and fitness and happiness, which, in accordance to Hallisey, are:
- Respecting mom and dad that enhance citizenship expertise and self-efficacy
- Primary a healthier way of living that includes learning about balanced decisions, training, mental overall health and a lot more
- Doing the job difficult in faculty will help young children concentrate on self-self-assurance and dedication
- Staying nice to some others lowers bullying and psychological and bodily worry in young children
- Currently being kind to animals sets a pattern established to lessen domestic abuse later on in life
- Placing targets is a thought that improves self-esteem and emotional perfectly getting
- Avoiding substance abuse and showing prevention is greater than treatment
- Carrying out one nice thing for another man or woman just about every working day promotes psychological health and fitness
“I use the range 8, due to the fact it’s also the indication of infinity,” claimed Hallisey. “And I like to say there are no limitations in the opportunities that young ones can have.”
In addition to the subscriber web site, information and facts about Cowboy Ted’s Basis for Little ones can be observed by visiting cowboyted.com, which hyperlinks back again and forth with the cowboyted101.com.
The idea to develop two web-sites was impressed by a estimate from Walt Disney, “I don’t make pics just to make revenue. I make dollars to make far more pics.”
“We’re making an attempt to get subscribers so we can present much more expert services,” Hallisey stated. “We just want to be in a position to fund and include to what we present.”
He is also seeking donations to support make the courses far more obtainable to the community.
“Donations will support us develop scholarships or savings for families who may possibly not be ready to afford the full costs,” he said. “We are also making use of for a quantity of grants as perfectly.”
The Cowboy Ted Foundation for Children is at this time featuring in-individual summer programming, led by Daniel Wells, McPolin Elementary School’s first-quality instructor, at Treasure Mountain Junior High University in Park Town Mondays by way of Thursdays, according to Hallisey, who is on-web-site Tuesdays and Thursdays.
“Two weeks ago we did adhere-horse rodeo and cowboy day camps, and we have also examined how songs and movement can modify feelings and get you from remaining unfortunate, frustrated and angry to at the very least experience neutral or satisfied,” he said. “We’re also demonstrating the children how breathing tactics can aid them locate their satisfied spot, due to the fact getting their happy put is the cornerstone of our total application.”
The in-individual plans are also out there in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming and will quickly be readily available all over the South, Hallisey said.
A couple weeks ago, Michelle Coleman Anderson, CEO and government director of the Infinity Science Centre in Gulfport, Mississippi, arrived at out to Hallisey and asked about collaboration possibilities pertaining to her science, know-how, engineering and math (STEM) programming.
“She is now on our board of directors, and I’m likely to start carrying out issues with the Science Centre and digitally get her STEM things then increase our recreation and art plans to make it STREAM.”
Getting these packages out to little ones is Hallisey’s tireless mission.
“I feel the youngsters definitely want this, simply because I know I did,” he said. “I felt the isolation all through COVID when schools weren’t permitting us to occur in for the groups, and it acquired to my mental and psychological state. I could only consider the toll it took on the children.”
Hallisey also said that Arts-Kids programming has not officially closed.
“It’s however available if everyone wishes to begin it up once again,” he claimed.